Sunday 23 December 2012

Guest Post by Priya Suresh: Vegan Christmas Fruit Cake

I thought of sharing this Festive Season with all my fellow blogger friends and all my other friends who visit my blog, you must be thinking how I do it? Simple, I have requested a few of my fellow blogger friends who I admire their blog and recipes to do Guest Post for my blog from 23rd December 2012 until 1st of January 2013. Who said it is difficult to celebrate Christmas and New Year with all my friends all around the world?

Now coming to the first post, I have requested Priya Suresh of Priya's Versatile Recipes to share her wonderful recipe here. She never said NO and gladly sent this post to me, I visit her blog everyday just like the name of her blog all her recipes are versatile and makes one go drooling the moment you take a look at her clicks. The recipes in her blog is easy enough for any new cook to try in their kitchen. Now let us see what she has to say;

Cooking specially and doing a guest post for a co-blogger is definitely an interesting part of this virtual world, few days back I got a message from Arthy asking whether I can do a guest post for her. Her message made me happy and immediately I said ok for making a guest post for her. I visit her space almost everyday since few months and love her variety of drool worthy foods particularly her malay foods, I have bookmarked few to try especially her prawn sambal, as I love sea foods very much. 

Coming to the guest post,she said she want something perfect for this festive season, I know I'll be making a fruit cake for her and finally decided to make a vegan version.Thanks to Arthy for giving me a wonderful chance to make this guest post.


Ingredients:

2cups All purpose flour
1cup Whole wheat flour
1cup Avocado Puree
1cup Oil
1+1/2cups Packed brown sugar
1tbsp Flaxseed powder
1tsp Baking powder
1tsp Baking soda + 1/2tsp for cooking fruits
1/2tsp Cinnamon powder
1/4tsp Clove powder
1/4tsp Ginger powder
1/4tsp Nutmeg powder
3tbsp Honey
1tsp Vanilla essence
1/2cup Water
2cups Dry fruits (chopped finely,i used dates,black & golden raisins,apricots,pineapples,prunes and tutti frutti)
1/2cup Nuts (chopped finely)
2tbsp Orange zest


Grease a round cake pan with oil and line a baking sheet.

Sieve the flours with baking powder and baking soda and keep aside.

Mix the flaxseed powder in  three tablespoons of warm water and keep aside.

In a pan, heat the dry fruits,sugar,honey,water in low flame until the sugar gets dissolves, then put the flame in high and bring it to boil.

Put the flame again in low and cook for half an hour,so that the dry fruits will gets well cooked, put off the stove and add the 1/2tsp of baking soda,mix it and keep it aside.

Preheat the oven to 300F.

In a bowl, take together the avocado puree,oil,flaxseed mixture,vanilla essence and spice powders and mix, now add the cooked fruit mixture,orange zest and nuts,mix everything well.

Add the flours to this mixture and mix gently with a spatula.

Transfer this cake batter to the already prepared cake pan and bake cake for an hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Let the cake gets cool completely .

Dust with confectioner's sugar and enjoy.


Thank you so much Priya for sharing this recipe with us, God bless you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

23 comments:

  1. yummy n attractiove cake......Superb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arthy for giving me an opportunity for making this guest post..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post to start ur guest post dear....looks really really yum n it's healthy..guilt free

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake looks great. perefct for the seson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft and delicious cake...loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How festive! Your best photography... Happy holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo inviting,love the texture..perfectly baked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post dear.. thanks priya for sharing this recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks Delicious !!!makes me go oooohhhhlalala!!!! Awesome Clicks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As an ardent fan of Priya...this post is just beautiful dear!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman