Wednesday 17 October 2012

Peanut Sundal

It's second day of Navratri, I made Peanut Sundal for neiveidyam. Making sundal is a very easy thing and you don't need to spend hours on the preparation, especially if you have a pressure cooker to ease your work. How dependent I am to the pressure cooker? 

I use to wonder a lot when I was a kid, watching Indian cooking shows where the ladies use pressure cooker for everything because my mom only uses it when in rush. Hehehe...now I understand why, it makes your life so easy.

Okay now let's get back to the recipe;


Ingredients:

1 cup of peanut (soaked for at least 3 hours)
2 tbsp of grated coconut
1 tsp of mustard seed
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 tsp of black peppercorns (ground coarsely)
2 red dry chili
1 tsp of salt
1 tbsp oil
2 cups of water

Wash the soaked peanut and drain the water, then add the peanut in a pressure cooker with water and salt and cook until 3 whistle and drain the water.

For tempering, take a pan heat oil and add mustard seed once it crackle, add in curry leaves and dry chili. Now add in peanut, grated coconut and black pepper and stir everything well. Turn off flame and remove sundal into a bowl.

Our Peanut Sundal is now ready to be served, do try and let me know how was it!


I'm sending this recipe to Priya's Event Navratri 2012


16 comments:

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman