Sunday 9 September 2012

Tomato Rice

I love experimenting cooking different types of rice, so I have tried Tomato Rice. Mom used to cook this rice, she learnt to cook this rice from her brother who is a great cook. I have altered a little on this recipe by adding additional tomato chunks, where my mom only add tomato puree.

Now let us look at my recipe.


Ingredients:

2 cups of rice (soaked and drained)
1 tomato diced
2 cloves
2 cardamom
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
5 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp fried onion
1 cup water
A pinch of salt

In a cooker, pour ghee then add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick, star anise, ginger garlic paste and saute a while. Now add tomato and saute, add rice, tomato puree, salt and water and stir for a minute. Let the rice cooked until fluffy and garnish with fried onion.

Now our Tomato Rice is ready to be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman