Friday 14 September 2012

Canned Mackerel Varuval 2nd Version

It's a fish dish again, this is my brother's favorite dish Mackerel Varuval but this time I have made it my mom's style. Now let's look at how I made this,



Ingredients:

1 can of Mackerel
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
2 green chili
3 garlic sliced
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp tamarind juice
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste

In a pan, pour oil add in onion and saute for a minute then add garlic, tomato and green chili saute all this ingredients for a couple of minutes. Add mackerel with the tomato sauce in the can because we are not going to add any additional water to cook this dish. 

Now add turmeric and chili powder with a pinch of salt and let it simmer and thicken. Once gravy thickens add tamarind juice and more salt if needed. At this point of time do add more oil if needed, let gravy completely dry and form burnt like crust and our dish is ready to be served.

Do try and let me know how was it.

I'm sending this recipe to my spicykitchen's 

 Seafood feast

8 comments:

  1. I used make it in same way but adding tomato chunks..will try it with tomato juice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually cook fresh mackerel and I bake it. Never tried canned ones. This is such a quick & easy recipe. Thanks for sharing the recipe and sending it my seafood event.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman