Friday 10 August 2012

Squid Curry With Roasted Coconut Gravy

I love seafood but since it contains so high cholesterol you can't have it always maybe once a month will do, but I think this is the first squid dish I had in this year. I got this recipe from YUMMY TUMMY and I like the taste of it but I have reduced the amount of tamarind as I don't like it very sour.

Let's check how to cook this dish.


Ingredients:

500gm squid cleaned and cut
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 tbsp tamarind 
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste

Masala:

1 cup coconut
3 tbsp coriander seeds
10 pcs dry chili


Marinate squid with ginger garlic paste, salt and turmeric powder, keep aside.

Dry roast the ingredients for masala and grind masala with little water and set aside.

In a pan, pour oil add curry leaves, onion and tomato and cook for few minutes, now add in marinated squid and mix well. Pour in the ground masala and let it boil for about 5 minutes, then add in tamarind juice. Cover and cook until gravy thickens.

Our squid curry is ready to serve. Let me know how it turned out, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman