Thursday 30 August 2012

Pepper Chicken

My love for chicken is undeniable because I just love it ever since I was a child, every time I see any post on chicken dish I'm so tempted to try. Back in my hometown my dad used to rear chicken especially during festive seasons we do stock up to cook and serve to our guests. Nowadays even though tempted to rear chicken he can't because no one have the time to take care of these birds.

I still remember, dad used to rear roosters and young boys around our area will bring their rooster for it to fight with ours, that was very fun to see. Some will come and beg to buy ours since dad used to buy real good quality and suitable for fight.

OMG, I'm so carried away with my flash back let me come to reality, okay I'm back. I have cooked Pepper Chicken which was so delicious and finger licking good. I'm telling this not because I love chicken but it was really awesome.

Let's check how I made this.


Ingredients:

5pcs chicken drumstick
1 onion sliced
1 tomato chopped
1 bay leaf
1 sprig curry leaf
1/2 tsp cumin seed
1/2 tsp fennel seed
2 green chili 
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup of water
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
A bunch of coriander leaves

In a pan, add oil, bay leaf, curry leaves, cumin seed, fennel seed and green chili saute for a minute, then add in onion and tomato fry until mushy. Now add in ginger garlic paste fry for another minute, add chili powder, coriander, and turmeric powder mix everything together until raw smell gone. 

Add chicken, salt, garam masala and black pepper mix well and pour water and let it boil until chicken is cooked. Once chicken done gravy should thicken, add coriander leaves and simmer for another minute.

Now our Pepper Chicken is ready to be served, garnish with coriander leaves. Do try and let me know how it turned out.



2 comments:

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman