Wednesday 29 August 2012

Moist Chocolate Cake

You must be thinking why do I post on chocolate cake when it's Onam today, I will be posting on Onam dishes tomorrow but let me share something else today. After so long I have baked a cake, it's yummy moist chocolate cake. It tastes so delicious and moist, best of all you don't need a mixer to prepare this cake mixture. Eager to know how I baked this cake, let's look at my recipe.



Ingredients:

1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
3/4 cup of  brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of milk
2 cold eggs (size AA)
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence

In a bowl, add butter, egg and sugar whisk well incorporating all the ingredients. Now add in cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla essence. 

Alternate milk and flour until finish and leave for 5 minutes before transferring into your preferred cake mould. I have used loaf pan to bake this cake, butter and sprinkle some flour on the baking pan before pouring the mixture.

Bake at 150 degree for 30- 40 minutes depending on the size of the cake mould or until the cake is perfectly baked. Insert a tooth pick to check whether the cake is baked well, a clean toothpick means cake is perfectly baked.

This cake can be served as it is or with some chocolate or white chocolate topping.

Do try and let me know how it turned out.





6 comments:

  1. Looks so soft and yummy dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear very soft like twiggies if u know...very soft...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. yes dear very dark...dark cocoa powder and very moist

      Delete
  3. Yummy.. Love to pop one piece right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one last piece dear...my brother finished the rest of it...he's chocolate lover...

      Delete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman