Thursday 9 August 2012

Chili Chicken My Style

I have chicken almost 4 times a week, I just love chicken so much. Trying out something new every time I cook chicken has become a norm to me, I BW or create something out of what I have in the fridge. One ingredient I always have in my fridge is definitely chicken. I have tried this chicken dish last week and fund it very delicious and it suits my family's palette.

This is chicken is called Chili Chicken because I used chili sauce to make it, and with very simple ingredients. Let's look at the recipe.



Ingredients:

500gm boneless chicken (cubed)
1 green capsicum (cubed)
1 large onion sliced
3 pods garlic diced
3 tbsp chili sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp oil

To marinate chicken:

1 tbsp custard powder
3 tbsp corn starch
A pinch of salt

Marinate chicken for 10 minutes and deep fry. Drain on a kitchen towel and keep aside.

In a pan, pour oil add in garlic, onion and saute for a minute now add in capsicum and stir a while. Then add chicken pieces that have been fried earlier and add in salt, chili and oyster sauce. Mix every thing well so that the sauces and chicken will be incorporated. Now our dish is ready to be served.

Do try it out and let me know. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Just a question if you don't mind, why do you put custard powder to marinate the chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its gives a crispy texture and moist inside...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman